Monday, January 18, 2010

2010: New Year ~ New Beginnings

So . . . I started the protocol January 4, 2010, and will post weekly updates:
01/11/2010 ~ WEEK ONE LOSS = 12.4 Pounds (this large of a loss is completely normal for the first week on this protocol)
01/18/2010 ~ WEEK TWO LOSS = 3.8 Pounds
TOTAL LOST IN 14 DAYS = 16.2 Pounds

I will eventually post inches lost, but have not determined a time frame for those ~ perhaps every 2 or 4 weeks . . .

I have struggled with weight basically my whole life, with none of my efforts paying off with successful weight-loss ~

That started to change when I read Kevin Trudeau's book "The Weight-loss Cure They Don't Want You To Know About," in which he brought to light a protocol researched by Dr. Simeon many decades ago called "Pounds & Inches." I got no help from my Dr. in getting supplies, and by chance (ha! I think not!) came across a clinic who helped people with this protocol!
I was overjoyed, and the start-up appt. and supplies were a birthday gift from my hubby ~ YAY!!! From August 2008 to May 2009 I lost 109 pounds!!! Yes, this is for real folks!

Unfortunately I did not follow the transition phase in the protocol, and promptly put back on 25 pounds in the first 8 days after I stopped using HCG and following the VLCD. And the pounds just kept coming back on afterwards to a total of about 90 back on :o( So . . . here I am on this journey once again! Admittedly it's not as much fun as the first time, but I KNOW it works, and I will be successful in follow-through!!!

I also have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and insulin resistance (aka hyperinsulinemia, syndrome x, metabolic syndrom ~ whatever you want to call it! LOL), which makes my body very sensitive to carbohydrates ~ for instance, I've said many times that I could LOOK at food and gain weight ~ come to find out that for some, this is a reality, myself included! :o(

I am determined to have a successful transition period this time whether or not I reach my goal weight. I have 121 pounds to go to get to that point! However, I KNOW it can be done and I know that I can do it! I have begun putting together some Low-Carb recipes, so I will be prepared when I am done with the HCG protocol.

A note for any reading this and are strictly following Dr. Simeon's protocol, please note that I am experimenting with this, and so far am having good results!!!
I chose to have an "off" day with my husband yesterday, but stuck pretty close to what I've been doing.
The "off" things I had yesterday:
Protein bar, that I had made, at the movie theater (went to see the Blind Side ~ AWESOME movie!!! two thumbs up)
A very LATE dinner which was chicken and broccoli with a low carb Alfredo sauce that I made ~ yummo!!!
And then I had three peanut butter bonbons
So . . . being up .4 really isn't too bad at all!!!
Today am doing a Phase 2 egg day, so hopefully tomorrow will be back on track! :o)

I will also note that I am taking two herbal tinctures:
Drops of Skinny (hypothalamus support)
Ultimate Pituitary (pituitary support, which also supports the thyroid)

No comments:

Post a Comment